Friday, September 23, 2005

 

Breakfast Science

While snacking at work today I had the opportunity to compare the nutritional information on a box of Kellogg's Frosted Strawberry Low Fat Pop Tarts with the same data on a box of Unfrosted Strawberry Low Fat Pop Tarts. What did I discover? Do your own comparison:

Note: Both pastries appeared identical in size and filling volume.

Frosted
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 pastry (52.0g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 27

Unfrosted
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 pastry (52.0g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 192 Calories from Fat 26

Now I'm sure you've reached the same conclusion I did. It's obvious; Kellogg's has invented a chemical that, when applied, actually LOWERS the caloric content of food. At this time, however, it is only stable in a frosting base. Still, its applications are mindboggling. Just think what could be done to Cinnabons! I’m off to the Acme to begin swiping the frosting packets from boxes of Toaster Strudel- in the name of science.

Comments:
LOL Poptarts are cardboard with sugar........and my husbands favorite food. One that he is not allowed to have. But does. Sigh.
 
LOL, PapaGoose.

What was the sugar difference?
 
I think they're just shorting you on the filling. I'll bet the net weight is the same for each. Of course, I'd take frosting over filling any day ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?